A Peaceful, Tranquil, & Serene Home
This tranquil, private oceanfront estate is situated on Niu Beach, one of the most picturesque shorelines in Honolulu. Read more to find out what luxuries this stunning estate has in store for you:
The custom entry gate opens to reveal a magnificent, modern estate created for living and entertaining on a grand scale. As you travel along the circular driveway, you will enjoy the modern hanging arched lights and the lush tropical plantings found there and throughout the property. Hale HoʻolaʻI is a prestigious estate of exceptional quality on 1.43 acres of land offering seven bedrooms, eight full bathrooms and a half bathroom. It reflects a sophisticated, modern design with generous beach frontage of 184.94 linear feet and a panoramic vista stretching from Koko Head to Diamond Head.
There is a three-car garage adjoining the main house and next to the Tennis Court and Tennis Pavilion. You will find parking for up to ten additional automobiles on and along the driveway. The Tennis Pavilion features a spacious room with a full bath - perfect for playing games, exercise, yoga or meditation. Prominent vessels of fire greet you as you walk across floating stone slabs and shimmering turquoise water towards the grand entryway. The main house vaunts sleek white walls, warm wood and glossy surfaces.
Immediately upon entering, you will notice how the skylights flood natural light into the entry foyer with an impressive 18.5 foot ceiling, floor to ceiling glass and fully custom, energy efficient Fleetwood sliding glass doors that open onto the spacious wrap-around lanai providing stunning ocean views for an indoor/outdoor living experience at its best.
Also in the entry foyer, you will relish the contemporary Spark fire ribbon linear gas fireplace, with an ultra-modern two-story carved fascia, surrounded by an abundance of comfortable seating - perfect for both grand and intimate gatherings. The adjacent entertainment room offers an area for lounging or playing games, built-in cabinetry and wet bar opening onto the lanai and pool deck. You will find an elevator for easy access to both levels and two tranquil, enclosed gardens, each with a custom water feature.
A distinctive circular floating stairway leads you to the upper level bridge where you will find the grand master suite which features an Agape Spoon tub, a walk-in closet and lanai/balcony overlooking the abundant coastline and beautiful azure sea beyond. A second master suite with an adjoining study and two additional bedrooms are found on the upper level. There is a third master suite which also features with ocean and garden views and one additional bedroom are located on the entry level. Each master suite and the two upper level bedrooms are ocean facing with private lanai/balconies. The master suites each feature Jesse closet systems. Each bathroom is furnished by Agape from Italy. There is a caretaker/guest suite on the entry level which includes a kitchen and bathroom en suite and a private entry.
Impeccable kitchen cabinets by SieMatic of Germany features sleek wood and abundant pantry storage, as well as professional Miele, Sub Zero and Gaggenau appliances surrounding a fourteen foot central island.
The kitchen is flanked by both a family/media room and an expansive twelve person dining room that opens onto the lanai with views of seaside tiki torches, lush green lawns by the pool and the sparkling blue ocean.
The property includes a wrap-around lanai, sparkling blue, zero water line, tiled pool with an eight person raised Jacuzzi for spectacular ocean views. The Pool Pavilion offers additional entertaining areas plus a six person wood sauna adjacent to the full bathroom and an outdoor shower. These al-fresco living and dining areas beckon you to stay outside long after sunset.
- Grand entry foyer and living room with ceiling heights of 18.5 feet high
- Large circular floating stairway leads to upper floor bridge
- Fleetwood aluminum sliding doors and windows
- Living room features the largest set of Fleetwood sliding doors shippable to Hawaii
- Kitchen features
- SieMatic cabinetry imported directly from Germany
- Central island seats five and is fourteen feet long
- Gaggenau separate side‐by‐side refrigerator and freezer and gas cooktop.
- Miele oven/microwave, built in coffee/espresso maker, two dishwashers and a wine unit
- All bedroom/bathrooms have motorized shades for privacy and sun control
- Bathrooms by Agape of Italy
- Two Agape Spoon tubs and tub fillers
- The Entertainment room with custom built-in wood entertainment center and wet bar
- Spacious family room/lounge with a large screen television and privacy shades
- Spark Fire Ribbon linear gas fireplace in living room
- Riff‐cut white ash interior wood doors with a walnut color finish
- White oak with a walnut color finish at the ceiling wood panels at living room
- Boen Oak Flooring from Sweden in a light walnut washed finish
- Wood flooring on the central stairs, bridge, two upper bedroom suites, entertainment room and second master study
- Interior floors and exterior lanai’s at the lower level and the upper lanai’s are Ivory Crema Travertine 24”x24” tile flooring from South America
- Laundry room with walk in pantry/storage on entry level
- Another laundry room on the upper level
- Two private, enclosed gardens with water features
- Renovated in 2015, the original structure was removed except for some of the exterior framed walls and the roof.
Gated entrance with security walls/fences on all four sides of the property
- A fenced, regulation sized tennis court
- Three car enclosed garage and ten guest parking spaces along the motor court
- Sparkling blue, zero‐water‐line pool and a raised eight person Jacuzzi for perfect ocean views
- Six person wood sauna adjacent to the pool bath
- Stately royal palms line the gently curving driveway to the magnificent centerpiece Monkeypod tree.
- Tropical Balinese copper hanging fixtures in the central Monkeypod tree
- Dense flowering foliage paint a tapestry of color and fragrance to the arrival experience.
- Lava textured paving slabs with delicate ribbons of grass between the pavers define driveway and parking areas.
- Basalt stepping stones lead to the portico entry across a reflecting pool.
- A pair of contemporary fire and water urns on either side of the path creates a dramatic nighttime lighting accent to the entry statement.
- A grove of Hawaiian tree ferns, under planted with white anthuriums and spathiphyllum flank either side of the pathway and pond.
- Flanking the grand two story entry are matching plantings of twenty‐foot tall clusters of bamboo with Indonesian river pebbles beneath.
- Along the mountain side of the residence, a wall of textured interest has been created to add scale to the home while providing color, fragrance, and a variety of tree canopies to the facade.
- Tall MacArthur palms have been complimented with fragrant Singapore plumeria, puakenikeni, Hong Kong orchid and royal poinciana trees.
- Tropical accents of colorful red ti, spider lily, heliconia, flowering ginger, and tropical ground covers complete the landscape palette.
- Large natural boulders have been artfully sited throughout the garden to not only reinforce the Hawaiian sense of “place” but also help to conceal the night lighting fixture locations.
- In the entertainment room courtyard, a three‐pedestaled cascading fountain provides a visual and acoustical accent to the enclosed garden space. The fountain was hand carved in Bali, Indonesia, and provides a dramatic backdrop to the garden patio room. Tropical plantings of spathiphyllum, apé, rhapis palms, and dwarf heliconia surround the fountain feature.
- On the ocean side of the residence, the landscape theme was intended to highlight the magnificent ocean‐front setting. The landscape is almost “Zen like” in that only a few specimen trees are used as frames for the views outside of the property and horizon beyond.
- The contemporary pool and spa are designed to be a seamless extension of the residence, pool house terraces, and surrounding lawns.